Preservation Parks of Delaware has several programs lined up in July. They include:
• Thursday Evening Concerts: Ashleigh Kingsmore, Thursday, July 16. This free concert will feature country music. Bring chairs or blankets, and a picnic dinner if you wish. All ages. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
• “Hike into Night: Smell.” Friday, July 17, 9 p.m. Learn now animals use their sense of smell to navigate the night and help them survive. Free; ages 6 and older. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
• “Hike for Health.” Saturday, July 18, 10 a.m. Join us on a hike and experience the health benefits you receive from walking. This is one of a series of hikes in our FLEX (Free Local EXercise) program. Hikes are free; there is a $5 fee for a hike series T-shirt. All ages; Shale Hollow Preserve, 6320 Artesian Run. For more information on FLEX, visit www.preservationparks.com and click on “Programs.”
• “Railroad Fun!” Saturday, July 18, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Sunday, July 19, noon to 4 p.m. View the model train layout, watch the trains travel through a miniature village and learn a bit about the history of railroading in America. Free; all ages. Big Walnut Community Trailhouse, 168 S. Vernon St., Sunbury.
• “Composting for Fertility.” Sunday, July 19, 2 p.m. Composting is a great way to build soil and reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills. Discover some 1930s ways of composting and compare them to methods used today. All ages. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU