The agenda for the first Delaware Board of Education meeting of the 2015-16 school year will include a number of proposed staffing changes.
The board meets at 6:30 p.m. today at the district’s Technology Center, 621 Pennsylvania Ave.
The board was scheduled to meet Aug. 3 but the meeting was canceled because a quorum of board members could not attend. The items on the Aug. 3 agenda were transferred to Monday’s meeting.
The board will consider accepting the resignations of a number of staff members, including:
• Mary Kate Kohlhas, a teacher at Woodward Elementary School.
• Joshua Boysei, an educational assistant at Carlisle Elementary School.
• Jennifer Gliebe, an administrative assistant at Hayes High School.
• A number of cooks/cashiers at schools throughout the district.
• Renee Cook, a library media specialist.
The board will also consider approving the employment of a number of staff members, including:
• Jennifer Jackson, an administrative assistant in guidance at Willis Intermediate School.
• Rachel Jordan, a part-time physical-education teacher at Willis.
• Kaitlyn Frish, a teacher at Woodward.
• Educational assistants, a technology specialist, cooks/cashiers, custodians and various other positions.
The board will consider approving 10 classified substitutes for the 2015-16 school year, as well as bus routes.
The board will also consider approving 29 supplemental contracts for the 2015-16 school year, including those of many athletic staff members.
Glenn Battishill can be reached at 740-413-0903 or on Twitter @BattishillDG
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU