There is more interest in the vacant administrator position in Liberty Township than in the open economic development director position for Delaware County.
There are 24 applicants applying for the Liberty Township job, while just six applied to fill the Delaware County post as of late last month.
The applicants hail from three states, with most from the central Ohio area.
Liberty Township trustees have already reviewed the candidates’ resumes and whittled the list down to four to six candidates, who will be contacted this week to begin the interview process, according to Trustee Shyra Eichhorn.
“I am quite pleased with the quality of candidates that have applied for the Liberty Township administrator position,” she said.
Eichhorn declined to name the finalists because they have not been contacted. However, she did say the list of finalists would include a mix of internal and external candidates.
Township officials hope to conclude the process in August.
The applicants are:
• Jeffery L White of Westerville, administrator in the village of New Bremen in Auglaize County.
• Robert A. Dionne of Ostrander, director of human resources at Absolute Care Management.
• Jessica Gemperline of Powell, a criminal defense attorney.
• Lonnique Calloway of Columbus, a wealth management sales and service coordinator at PNC Bank.
• Marcos A. Nichols of Hamilton, Ohio, an administrative specialist in the city of Hamilton.
• Michael J. Maurer of Columbus, a director of communications and governmental relations for Educational Consulting Firm.
• Stephanie Trimble of Delaware, a project administrator at Ruscilli Construction.
• Jack Schumaker of Loudonville, Ohio, a teacher of construction technologies at Mansfield Senior High School.
• Michelle L. Early of Frederick, Maryland, a resident services manager at Charter House Apartments.
• David VanBodegraven of Columbus, a department leader at Giant Eagle Market District.
• James V. Barone of Fairborn, Ohio, finance director in Beavercreek Township.
• Matthew C. Huffman of Columbus, acting administrator in Liberty Township.
• Timothy M. Boland of Lewis Center, city manager in Steubenville, Ohio. Boland also served as the economic development director in Delaware County from 1999 to 2007.
• Ted Andrzejewski of Eastlake, Ohio, city manager in Menominee, Michigan.
• James J. Cirigliano, assistant fiscal officer and fire department management assistant in Liberty Township.
• L.W. Brian Houillion of Erlanger, Kentucky, who most recently served as the interim city manager in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky.
• D. Craig Thompson of Marion, director of the Miami County Department of Development.
• Jason W. Nicodemus of Lewis Center, administrator in Turo Township.
• Gary Burkholder of Etna, Ohio, village administrator in Hartford, Ohio.
• Gary R. Johnson of Powell, lead fire science instructor at the Central Ohio Technical College.
• Laurie A. Johnson of Delaware, manager of operations and administration at The Ohio State University Medical Center.
• Eric D. Mack of Dayton, project and GIS manager in Tipp City, Ohio.
• Mareva Page of Powell, assistant vice president at Memorial Hospital of Union County.
• Mark J. Spagnulo of Plain City, a facilities operation manager at the Ohio Department of Transportation.
The trustees’ choice will replace Dave Anderson, who was forced out of the position in May after eight years in the role.
Anderson made nearly $92,000 per year at the time of his departure.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU