The Delaware City Schools Board of Education approved the purchase of four buses and approved several change orders related to several construction projects during its meeting last week.
The board approved the purchase of four 77-passenger conventional school buses through the Metropolitan Educational Council of Ohio. The buses cost $91,518 each and amounted to a combined total of $366,072. The district saved $10,000 by trading in four used buses.
The board then approved five change orders for construction projects:
• An $8,315 increase to a contract with Gutridge Plumbing Inc. for redesign and additional fire suppression system installation in the student dining corridor at Hayes High School.
• A $946 decrease to a contract with Thompson Excavating, LTD. for unneeded work at Woodward Elementary School.
• A $3,375 decrease to a contract with Robertson Construction Services, Inc. to delete an unused portion of roofing allowance money for work at Woodward.
• A $535 decrease to a contract with Rezod, LLC to delete an unused portion of contingency allowance money from work at Hayes High School.
• A $76,930 decrease to a contract with Kirk Bros. Masonry, Inc. to delete the unused portions of money from the construction at Hayes High School.
Additionally the board approved the employment of Megan Holland, a cook/cashier at Hayes.
The board also approved two trips for the Hayes varsity wrestling team; one trip to the GMVWA Wrestling Tournament at Vandalia Butler High School in Dayton from Dec. 27 to Dec. 28, and a trip to the Alliance Top Gun Wrestling Tournament at Alliance High School in North Canton, Ohio from Jan. 12 to Jan. 13.
The board will meet next on Dec. 11 at 6 p.m.
Contact Glenn Battishill at 740-413-0903 or on Twitter @BattishillDG.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU