By Dustin Ensinger
A Lewis Center man was convicted Thursday in Delaware County Common Pleas Court on six counts related to the 2012 rape of an 18-year-old man.
Larry Fox, 46, was convicted of two counts of rape, one count of abduction and three counts of kidnapping stemming from the Oct. 16, 2012, incident at the Worthington Arms mobile home park.
Fox’s uncle, Harry Fox, 63, pleaded guilty to one count of kidnapping and one count of assault last year and was sentenced to 13 years in prison after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors. Part of the deal included Fox’s commitment to testify against his nephew.
The older Fox was considered an accomplice to crimes committed with his nephew. Court documents describe the “court session” style crime involving “death metal” music, a Nazi flag, and a machete heated with a blow torch.
The teenage victim was purportedly stripped, handcuffed, and threatened with the machete when ordered to perform sexual acts on the younger Fox, according to the case document.
Prosecutors said the incident occurred after the teen did not return with the $200 worth of marijuana the Foxes had ordered.
“We are pleased with the jury’s verdict of guilty on all counts,” said Assistant Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney Kyle Rohr. “We also hope that the victim feels some solace from the outcome.”
Fox is scheduled to be sentenced on Sept. 29.
He faces a maximum of 46 years in prison.
When the elder Fox was sentenced in 2012 Delaware County Common Pleas Judge W. Duncan Whitney, who will also handle the sentencing of the younger Fox, called the crimes “perhaps the worst sequence of events this court has ever seen since 1968.”
Dustin Ensinger can be reached at 740-413-0902 or on Twitter @EnsingerDG.