Preservation Parks of Delaware County is offering several free programs in March.
They do not require advance registration. They include:
• “Spring Garden Day,” Saturday, March 12, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Four sessions during the four-hour program will focus on no-till gardening; starting seeds indoors; composting; and collecting rainwater. All ages. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• “Wings of Wonder,” Sunday, March 13, noon to 4 p.m. Get face to face with birds of prey, and learn why these birds are some of Ohio’s most important residents. All ages. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware.
• “Hound Hike,” Monday, March 14, 6:30 p.m. Bring your socialized canine for a walk with a naturalist. Your dog will receive a bandana at your first hike, and a paw print stamp for each hike completed. All ages. Gallant Woods Park, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• “Stalking the Vernal Equinox,” Saturday, March 19, 10 a.m. Join Park District staff to head off-trail at Char-Mar Ridge to stalk signs of the coming vernal equinox. Wear long pants and sturdy shoes, and bring a water bottle. Ages 7 and up. Char-Mar Ridge Park, 7741 Lewis Center Road, Westerville.
• “All Aboard for Railroad Fun,” Saturday, March 19, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Sunday, March 20, noon to 4 p.m. The Delaware County Model Railroaders Group holds open houses so that visitors can watch the HO scale trains while they learn about modeling railroading and the development of the railroad industry in America. All ages. Big Walnut Community Trail, 168 S. Vernon Street, Sunbury.
• “Spring Equinox Delight,” Sunday, March 20, 1 to 4 p.m. Bring the family to this drop-in program, to enjoy nature activities along the trails and streams. All ages. Shale Hollow Park, 6320 Artesian Run, Lewis Center.
Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.