Delaware County commissioners are looking for volunteers for appointment to the Delaware County Local Emergency Planning Committee.
Residents of Delaware County interested in the public safety of the community would be recommended to the State Emergency Response Committee to serve. This public board consists of members serving for two-year terms.
The term would run from now until August 2017.
Responsibilities of a member are:
• Plan for hazardous materials response.
• Process public information requests.
• Process industrial reports for hazardous and extremely hazardous materials.
• Document certain chemical spills.
• Discuss policies and procedures.
• Discuss hazardous materials planning, response and reporting.
• Attend quarterly meetings.
Interested individuals can obtain a LEPC appointment application through the Delaware County EMA office by:
• Calling the Delaware County EMA at 740-833-2181 to have a LEPC appointment application sent to you,
• Printing a LEPC appointment application off of the Delaware County EMA website or emailing email@example.com.
Completed appointment applications must be returned to the Delaware County EMA office no later than 4:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 7.
Information for this story was provided by Delaware County.