The Delaware Board of Education accepted the resignation of an elementary school principal and appointed a new principal at Dempsey Middle School on Monday.
The board accepted the resignation of Renae Schwartz, principal at Carlisle Elementary School, effective July 31. School officials report that Schwartz has accepted a principal position in another district closer to where she lives. Schwartz has been the principal at Carlisle for three years, officials said.
The board then appointed Dempsey Assistant Principal Dan Bartha to the soon-to-be vacant principal position at Dempsey. On March 21, the board accepted the resignation of Julie German, the current principal at Dempsey, because she is moving out of state.
School officials say Bartha has been served as an assistant principal for three years at Hayes High and Dempsey. He began teaching in the district in 2009, officials said.
The board also approved a number of administrative contracts, including:
• Hayes High Principal Ric Stranges for one year.
• Assistant supervisor Tammy Cain for one year.
• Hayes High Assistant Principal Adonis Bolden for two years.
• School safety coordinator Rodney Glazer for two years.
• Athletic director Richard Glesenkamp for two years.
• Payroll and benefits supervisor Laura Hallett for two years.
• Assistant principal at Willis Intermediate School, Steven Ringer, for two years.
• Custodial/maintenance supervisor George Harmon for three years.
• Smith Elementary School Principal Rochelle Thompson for three years.
• Assistant Superintendent Heidi Kegley for three years.
• School Aged Child Care assistant director Beth McDaniel for three years.
• Director of technology Stanley McDonald for three years.
• Director of food services Sally Rathje for three years.
• Assistant Treasurer Monika Ray for three years.
• Transportation supervisor Edgar Rice for three years.
• Director of special education Melinda Rich for three years.
• Director of communications Jennifer Ruhe for three years.
The board also approved a number of other resignations, including Angela Boring, a classified substitute, and Brooke Cottrell, a bus driver.
The board will also appointed Taryn Fuller as the assistant principal at Carlisle and Schultz elementary schools and Madison Sible and Jennifer Hall as School Aged Child Care assistants. Michael Young, the former head custodian at Smith, was also transferred to the district maintenance office.
Glenn Battishill can be reached at 740-413-0903 or on Twitter @BattishillDG.