Seven Delaware-area employers were recently recognized by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation for their strong workplace safety records.
The businesses received the bureau’s Special Award for Safety for at least 500,000 hours and six months without an injury resulting in a day or more away from work, according to bureau officials.
• American Freight Furniture and Mattress — 537,545 hours worked.
• Creative Foundations — 789,200 hours worked.
• EMS Inc. — 1,089,456 hours worked.
• MS Capital Lighting LLC — 627,902 hours worked.
• Oberfields LLC — 580,081 hours worked.
• Ohio Wesleyan University — 605,863 hours worked.
• Village Academy Schools — 731,332 hours worked.
“These employers have not only received a special recognition for an outstanding accomplishment, they more importantly have demonstrated a commitment to sending their workers home safely each night,” said bureau administrator/CEO Sarah Morrison.
The awards were presented during the annual awards meeting of the Delaware Area Safety Council.
In addition to the Special Award for Safety, various local businesses received the Group Award for Safety, the 100 Percent Award or the Achievement Award.
Information for this story was provided by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.