Delaware County commissioners are seeking to appoint one member to the residential Board of Building Appeals.
This board consists of five members who serve up to a five-year term. Members must be residents of the unincorporated portion of the county: Ashley, Ostrander, Galena and Shawnee Hills.
Commissioners are seeking to appoint one member to fill an unexpired term ending on Dec. 31, 2018. Candidates who are registered engineers or registered architects are preferred, county officials say.
All candidates should have experience in problems and practice incidental to the construction and equipment of buildings and structures, officials said.
This board works in conjunction with the Delaware County Code Compliance Department and other local agents.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Hear all residential appeals filed by county residents or businesses that are directly related to decisions made by the Delaware County building official.
• Determine whether decisions should be reversed, modified or affirmed.
• Report recommendations for action to amend the code, as public health, safety and general public welfare may require.
Interested individuals can obtain an appointment application through the county commissioners’ office by:
• Picking up an appointment application at 101 N. Sandusky St.
• Calling the commissioners’ office at 740-833-2000 to have an application mailed.
• Printing a board appointment application from the Delaware County website at www.co.delaware.oh.us and mailing it back to the address listed above.
Completed appointment applications must be returned to the commissioners’ office no later than 4:30 p.m. Sept. 15.
Information for this story was provided by Delaware County.