The Delaware Community Center YMCA will continue its annual “Harmony in the Park” event, hosting summer concerts at the Bicentennial Park Gazebo in downtown Delaware.
All concerts are free, made possible by community partners like Jessica Forman State Farm Insurance, Snyder-Rodman Funeral Center, Delaware County Bank & Trust and Willow Brook Christian Community.
This event will continue every Sunday until Aug. 28.
The schedule is as follows:
• July 17: Worthington Concert Band
• July 24: Trombones Plus
• July 31: Ain’t Misbehaving
• Aug. 7: Ohio Heartland Chorus & Marionaires Chorus
• Aug, 14: Olentangy Men’s Chorus
• Aug. 21: Ice cream social, 5:30 p.m.; Delaware County Concert Band, 6:30 p.m.; 3 of a Kind, 7 p.m.
• Aug. 28: Buckeye Ballroom Big Band
Every Sunday night the concert will begin at 7 p.m. and end at 8 p.m., with the exception of the Aug. 21 event that includes an ice cream social at 5:30 p.m. with the opening band to follow at 6:30 p.m.
In case of rain, concerts may be moved to the Delaware Community Center YMCA at 1121 S. Houk Road.
They suggest bringing a lawn chair even when it rains as seating in the community center will be limited.
The Bicentennial Park Gazebo is located on the corner of South Washington Street and Park Avenue, next to the Delaware Fire Department station.
Morgyn Cooper is an intern for The Gazette.