An open house and freshmen/new student orientation will be held at Buckeye Valley High School on Tuesday, Aug. 16.
Juniors and seniors will be able to purchase parking spots with a $5 discount. After Aug. 16, the price is $25.
Guidance counselors will be attending the event to meet parents. The guidance office will be open to pick up schedule change sheets and set up appointments. Guidance counselors will not be addressing schedule changes on this night, school officials said.
Officials said they encourage all parents attend the event to meet teachers, who will share information and expectations about classes.
The timeline for the evening is:
• 6:30 to 7 p.m., freshmen/new student orientation in the auditorium.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., open house/upperclassmen schedule pickup.
• 7 to 8 p.m., athletic team representatives in the upper dining.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., refreshments in the lower dining.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., club displays in the library.
All freshmen and their parents are encouraged to attend the freshmen orientation meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium, officials said. Freshmen will be able to pick up their schedules, locker assignments and learn other information about the start of the new school year.
There will be a short program and an opportunity to hear from Principal Jim Albanese, Assistant Principal Travis Rupp, guidance counselors and the school’s new athletic director, Josh DeVoll.
Information for this story was provided by the Buckeye Valley School District.