Preservation Parks of Delaware County has several programs lined up this month.
Registration is not required for the following programs:
• “Railroad Fun,” Saturday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Sunday, Oct. 18, noon to 4 p.m. Watch model trains travel through a miniature village and learn a bit about the railroad industry in America. Free; all ages. Big Walnut Community Trail House, 168 S. Vernon St.
• “Hike for Health,” Saturday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. Hike is free; $5 fee for a T-shirt. All ages. Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road.
• “Oh, Nuts!”, Sunday, Oct. 18, 1 p.m. Participants will gather nuts from the woods and bake something in the wood-burning stove, while learning about how Ohio housewives improvised when they could not find English walnuts or pecans during the Great Depression. All ages; Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
• “Storytime in the Park,” Monday, Oct. 19, 9 a.m. Ages 0-3; Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
• “Hound Hike,” Monday, Oct. 19, 6:30 p.m. Bring your socialized canine for a walk with a naturalist. Presenter will be Basic K9 Obedience Training. All ages; Hogback Ridge Preserve, 2656 Hogback Road.
Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.