A January trial has been scheduled for two men accused of filming underage girls at parties.
Braden Scott Perkins, 26 of Kilbourne, Ohio, appeared in Delaware County Common Pleas Court Friday afternoon and entered a not guilty plea to three counts of pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor, second-degree felonies; seven counts of illegal use of minor in nudity oriented material, a second-degree felonies and a count of sexual battery, a third-degree felony.
Delaware County Magistrate Kristin Schultz accepted his not guilty plea and scheduled Perkins for a trial on Jan. 3 at 8:30 a.m.
Schultz told Perkins he faces between two to eight years in prison for the second degree felonies and between 12 and 60 months in prison for the third-degree felony. Schultz set his bond at $90,000.
Assistant County Prosecuting Attorney Douglas Dumolt said the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office had been investigating a separate accusation against Perkins when they found folders on Perkin’s computer containing videos and photos of underage girls at parties where they had been given alcohol. Dumolt said the youngest girl at the parties was 14.
Dumolt added that there was another folder on the computer containing images of children ranging between five and seven years old.
After his arraignment Perkins’ co-defendant, Chase Logan Coe, 20, of Radnor, appear in court and pleaded not guilty to a count of pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor, a second-degree felony and two counts of illegal use of minor in nudity-oriented material, second-degree felonies.
Dumolt said Coe is alleged to have helped film videos of underage girls doing a strip tease and a lap dance and Dumolt said Coe had filmed a 17-year-old and an adult woman having sex with each other.
Dumolt said Coe is not suspected to have any involvement with the videos of the prepubescent children. Coe’s defense attorney, Mike Marrocco, said that in Coe’s defense he was either 18 or 19 when those videos were filmed, putting him closer in age to the underage girls than Perkins.
Schultz accepted Coe’s plea and schedule him to be tried on Jan. 3 along with Perkins. She set his bond at $40,000 and said he faces between two and eight years in prison for the charges.
Schultz told both men they have until Dec. 27 to file any plea agreement in the case.
Both men were in the Delaware County Jail Friday.
Glenn Battishill can be reached at 740-413-0903 or on Twitter @BattishillDG.