The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program — also known as E-HEAP — begins Nov. 1 and will run through March 31, 2016.
E-HEAP provides financial assistance once per heating season to households that are threatened with disconnection, already disconnected, or have less than 25 percent supply of bulk fuel, wood or coal. E-HEAP can also cover assistance to establish or transfer service.
Income eligibility is 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines ($42,437.50) per year for a family of four).
The following list includes those documents required for assistance:
• All social Security numbers for every household member.
• All pages of your current electric and gas bill or information on your bulk fuel.
• All birthdates for every household member.
• Proof of any and all income received within the last 13 weeks for all household members.
• If renting, lease agreement or rent receipt with landlord’s name, address and phone number.
• Job and Family Services Case number.
• If disabled, proof of disability.
For more information regarding guidelines and to schedule appointments, contact the Community Action Organization office at 740-369-3184.
Information for this story was provided by the Community Action Organization of Delaware, Madison, Union Counties Also Serving Champaign, Logan and Shelby Counties.