The Delaware County Historical Society will hold its annual Holiday Open House on Sunday, Dec. 4, from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Nash House Museum, 157 E. William St. in Delaware. The 1878 brick Italianate-style house will be decorated in traditional Victorian style and will feature toys and other Christmas gifts dating from 1880-1900.
Past residents of the Nash House will be highlighted. These include Thomas and Mina Slattery, the original owners, and William Henry Nash and his wife Emeline who purchased the home in 1885. It remained a Nash family residence until 1954 when Miss Pauline Nash presented the house to the Delaware County Historical Society for use as a museum.
Refreshments will be served.
The holiday display will continue to be open through the holiday season during normal operating hours (Sundays 2 to 5 p.m. and Wednesdays 10 to noon and 1 to 5 p.m.). For information, email Programs@DelawareOhioHistory.org or call 740-369-3831, extension 3.
The Delaware County Historical Society is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote, preserve and sustain interest in the history of Delaware County. The Barn at Stratford is operated by DCHS as an event venue for weddings, corporate meetings and other special occasions. To learn more, visit the venue and society web sites at barnatstratford.org and delawareohiohistory.org.