The Delaware Board of Education will consider hiring a number of new staff members at its meeting tonight, including a new principal at Woodward Elementary School.
The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the administration building on North Washington Street.
The board will consider appointing Ryan Malany as principal at Woodward. Malany would replace Jill Elliot who resigned last month to take a position as curriculum coordinator at Gahanna Schools, according to school officials.
The board will also consider accepting the resignations of two teachers, Emily Griffith, a third-grade teacher at Schultz, and Megan Luchene, a first-grade teacher at Woodward Elementary.
Cheryl Folk, an executive administrative assistant, has also submitted her resignation.
The board will also consider approving several hires, including:
• Aaron Cook as director of secondary curriculum and assessment.
• Joe Uher as director of elementary curriculum and assessment.
• Ryan Malany as the principal at Woodward.
• Heather Smith as a guidance counselor at Hayes High School.
• Sarah Fisher as a kindergarten teacher at Schultz Elementary.
• Stephanie Haynes as a third-grade teacher at Schultz.
• Jenny Marshall as a fifth-grade teacher at Willis Intermediate School.
• Abigail Wimbiscus as a music teacher at Willis.
The board will also consider hiring 23 classified substitutes for the 2015-16 school year and several summer school teachers.
The board will also consider approving the Dempsey eighth-grade trip to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. If approved, the trip would take place May 9-13 next year.
The board will consider approving a Hayes High School biology trip to Andros Island in the Bahamas. The trip would begin June 25 and end July 2.
The board will also consider approving the seventh- and eighth-grade boys and girls tennis programs at Dempsey Middle School.