The city of Delaware’s 8th Citizens’ Academy is open for enrollment.
The class will provide information about key city departments and the structure of city government.
“For residents who want to become more involved in our community and those who are just curious about city operations, the Academy is a great experience,” Mayor Carolyn Kay Riggle said in a statement.
This popular program limits class size to 20 citizens. Registration information is at delawareohio.net. The application deadline is 5 p.m., Feb. 3.
The following is the academy’s schedule (all sessions are from 6-8 p.m. Thursdays, unless otherwise noted):
• Feb. 9, City Manager/Council (Council chambers)
• Feb. 23, Planning (Council chambers)
• March 9, Economic Development/City Attorney (Council chambers)
• March 23, 6-8:30 p.m., Public Works and Transportation Issues (Public Works facility)
• April 1, 9-11:30 a.m., Fire (Station 301)
• April 13, Public Utilities (Water Treatment Plant)
• April 27, Parks (Community Room at YMCA)
• May 11, Police (Justice Center)
• May 25, Finance (Council chambers)
• June 12, 6:30 p.m., Monday, Graduation (Council chambers)