The Delaware City Schools Board of Education approved a number of staffing changes and a price reduction of more than $87,000 for ongoing construction projects throughout the district.
At their regular meeting Monday night the Delaware board approved four change orders totaling $87,674.45. The first order deducted $45,174 from the contract with Thompson Excavation, LTD for their work at Smith Elementary School. The remaining three change orders are deductions from contracts at Delaware Hayes High School. The deductions were $5,633.45 from M&C Construction, LLC; $17,603 from Rezod, LLC; and $19,264 from Ohio Plumbing & Electric, Inc.
School officials said the deductions were part of unused contingency funds.
The board also approved the retirements of:
• Cathy Baker, an intervention specialist at Carlisle Elementary.
• Kelly Rider, a first-grade teacher at Carlisle.
• Pamela Billow, a library media specialist assistant at Conger Elementary.
• Holly Tschakert, a 21st-Century Community Learning Centers Projects Coordinator at Dempsey Middle School.
• Susan Bauer, a library media specialist assistant at Dempsey.
Additionally, Mary Zapata, a school-aged child care assistant at Carlisle; and Carrie Wright, a cross-categorical educational assistant at Conger; also had their resignations accepted.
The board also approved the employment of Quintin Aden, who will work as a cross-categorical education assistant at Conger.
The next board meeting will be a work session and will begin at 6 p.m. on March 13 in the board room at Willis Education Center, 74 West William Street.
Glenn Battishill can be reached at 740-413-0903 or on Twitter @BattishillDG.