Connections Volunteer Center, a program of HelpLine, has information about the following volunteer opportunities in Delaware County.
• SourcePoint – Meals on Wheels needs pickup and delivery volunteers, also medical transportation drivers, Medicare teachers and counselors, concierge for building tours.
• Delaware County EMS Citizens Academy — 10 week free course on Tuesday evenings to learn about emergency services and participate in an emergency response drill (age 18+).
• HelpLine – Sexual Assault Response Network needs compassionate and motivated people to assist survivors of sexual assault; free training provided.
• Connections Volunteer Center – senior companions (55+) needed 15 to 20 hours weekly to help homebound seniors stay independent; tax free stipend and mileage costs paid.
• Liberty Community Center – group sought for playground cleanup on March 25 from 9 to noon; seeking candy donations for April 1 community Easter egg hunt.
• Willow Brook by Day – work 1:1 with seniors in activities such as puzzles, reading or lead group activity; Monday through Friday with greatest need between 1 and 5 p.m.
• Central Ohio Symphony – need office and concert help with poster distribution, music sorting as well as help with ushering and post-concert packing; also van driver for shuttle.
• Turning Point – Help spread awareness of help available for domestic violence victims by distributing literature; need reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
• Delaware County Court Visitor Program – Serve as the court’s eyes and ears by visiting persons under Guardianship to see whether they are receiving suitable protection and care.
• Stockhands Horses for Healing – barn assistants, side walkers, leaders and animal care helpers to support equine therapy for veterans and those with those with disabilities.
• The Strand Theatre – movie lovers needed to help check patron behavior, help finding seats; handyman also needed for hauling, cleaning, paint touch up and hanging displays.
• Moms Offering Mentoring Support – two experienced moms needed for Juvenile Court Mentoring program teaching young moms proper child care until infant’s first birthday.
• Salvation Army Food Pantry – help answering phone and stocking pantry for 2-3 hours Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or Wednesday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· People in Need — help with last Wednesday of month outdoor fresh produce market set up, client sign in and shopping, traffic control and clean up. Great opportunity for groups.
• Delaware County General Health District – The Medical Reserve Corps is offering a training on bleeding control for the injured to empower individuals to save lives.
• Friends of the Delaware County District Library — book loving board members sought to help with marketing, social media, book sales and committee work 10 to 20 hours/month.
• Preservation Parks of Delaware County – outgoing nature center attendants needed at Deer Haven Preserve to greet visitors, answer phones, respond to questions, light cleaning.
For information or to register visit www.connectionsvolunteercenter.org , call 740-363-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.