Are you or someone you know fighting to make ends meet? Struggling with your winter heating bills? Do you have a heating emergency?
The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (E-HEAP) began Nov. 1, 2016 and will run through March 31, 2017. Income eligibility is 175 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines ($42,525) per year for a family of four).
E-HEAP provides financial assistance once per heating season to households that are: threatened with disconnection, already disconnected, or have less than 25% supply of bulk fuel, wood or coal. E-HEAP can also cover assistance to establish or transfer service.
The following list includes those documents required for assistance:
• All Social Security numbers for every household member.
• All pages of your current electric and gas bill or information on your bulk fuel.
• All birthdates for every household member.
• Proof of any and all income received within the last 13 weeks for all household members.
• If renting, lease agreement or rent receipt with landlord’s name, address and phone number.
• Job and Family Services Case number.
• If disabled, proof of disability.
• Proof of citizenship for everyone in the household.
For information regarding guidelines and to schedule appointments please contact the Community Action Organization office at 740-369-3184.