Delaware County offers several options to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend.
Bars and restaurants in Powell, Lewis Center and Delaware are providing cuisine, drinks and live entertainment for the occasion.
The Jug, 837 N. Houk Road, in Delaware will be serving a corned beef dinner Friday, along with green beer and drink specials. Delaware’s downtown-goers can also get a corned beef and cabbage dinner at the Old Bag of Nails, 66 N. Sandusky St., from Thursday through Sunday.
The Alpha Group of Delaware Inc., which serves individuals with disabilities, has a new location for its fourth annual casino night at the Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center, 100 Green Meadows Drive, Lewis Center, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday.
“It’s to help our clients at the Alpha Group,” said Lisa Flannery, a board director of the nonprofit. She said it’s one of the best ways to give back to the community.
The event includes games such as black jack, roulette and wine wall toss. There will be silent and live auctions. Local comedian Jeff Robinson and auctioneer Dan Boysel will have a half-time comedy show during the live auction.
Auction items include a three-night cabin retreat in Holmes County, a diamond necklace, two tickets to a Cleveland Cavaliers game and an EarthMark rain station. For tickets or information go to www.alphagroup.net.
Fitness-lovers can enjoy a four-mile run and walk at the Kinsale Golf and Fitness Club, 3737 Village Club Drive, in Powell Saturday. The M3S Sports event starts at 6 p.m. with the course open for 80 minutes. There will be a post-race party and concert at the club. For more information go to www.m3ssports.com/events/st-patricks-day.htm.
Here is a list of other weekend events taking place for St. Patrick’s Day:
• The Aladdin Shrine Pipes & Drums band will perform at O’Nelly’s Sports Pub & Grill at 10 a.m. Friday. The band is performing at different bars throughout central Ohio for its St. Patrick’s Day Pub Tour. The bar will have its own celebrations throughout Friday and Saturday.
• Caribbean Jerks, 1262 E. Powell Road, in Lewis Center will host Taya Parker and her father, Steve Mull, to perform acoustic rock music at 7 p.m. Friday. Parker is a model, singer and TV personality, who hosts her own show in Las Vegas.
• Party at Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 1157 Columbus Pike, in Delaware 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday. The event will include a variety of snacks, drinks and dancing.
• The Bogey, 6013 Glick Road, in Powell will host solo singer, John Schwab, at 8 p.m. Friday. Corned beef and cabbage will be available.
• The Lazy Chameleon, 4028 Presidential Parkway, in Powell will kickoff the weekend with a performance from local bands Reaganomics and One Ton Diesel at 7 p.m. Friday. The party continues with dance party band, The Martini Affair, that will perform at 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Gazette reporter Brandon Klein can be reached by email or on Twitter at @brandoneklein.