Liberty Township Trustees Monday night approved the rezoning of 170.5 acres of land between Clark-Shaw Road and Hyatts Road west of Sawmill Parkway.
The approval came at the request of Metro Development LLC and changed to planned residential.
The developer’s plans are to build 173 single-family lots to be known as the Clark Shaw Reserve and 84 condominiums called the Courtyards at Clark Shaw Reserve.
Todd Faris, Faris Planning and Design LLC, said Metro Development wanted to start construction of the development of the individual homes in 2018 and the second phase for the condos in 2019.
Faris said the single homes were to be 65-foot-wide lots “which is typical for the Powell area.” He said cost of the homes will be between $350,000 and $500,000, with condos averaging $340,000.
He said the condos will be built as singles and doubles. “The doubles will look much like a duplex,” he said.
Faris said 50 percent of the development will contain green space with trails, walkways and a sports area that residents could use for recreation.
In other business, trustees:
• Approved $224,953 in purchase orders.
• Approved $183,758 in bills.
• Amended a resolution providing an opt-out option to the township’s health care benefits program.
• Approved a memorandum of understanding between the township and the International Association of Firefighters Local 3754 for the changes to the township’s health benefits.
• Approved a memorandum of understanding between the township and the United Steel Workers concerning changes to the township’s health benefits.
• Approved a credit card policy for the township.
• Approved credit cards for Fire Chief Thomas O’Brien and Fire Prevention Lieutenant Archie T. Saunders to be used within their respective departments.
• Approved reimbursement of the fire chief’s personal cell phone in the amount of $25.
D. Anthony Botkin may be reached at 740-413-0902 or on Twitter @dabotkin.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU