The Ohio Department of Transportation has updated the road closures and detours for Delaware County traffic.
Nancy Burton, Ohio Department of Transportation District Six spokesperson, confirmed there will be 12 culverts replaced along State Route 315 through the summer. The completion date for the work is October.
State Route 315 north of State Route 750 to Retreat Lane is closed until May 8, depending on weather. The-100 day, $2,864,073, project is to construct a plug pile stabilization wall to stop the erosion of the Olentangy River bank supporting State Route 315.
ODOT’s scheduled detour for the project is State Route 750 to US 23 to State Route 315. Both directions of State Route 750 will remain open.
State Route 315 was closed Monday in both directions between Hyatts Road and Home Road for a culvert replacement.
ODOT’s suggested detour is south to Hyatts Road, east to US 23, south to Home Road, west to SR 315 south or in reverse order if coming from the south going north. The scheduled completion date for the project is April 21 at 3 p.m., depending on the weather.
State Route 315 will be resurfaced from the Franklin County line to Jewett Road and from State Route 750 north to US 23 from June-October. The $1,021,242 project will have flaggers coordinating traffic during short-term lane closures.
• Tuesday, April 11 – Thursday, April 13; northbound Worthington Road will be one lane between Polaris Parkway and Olde Worthington Road from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for signal work. One of the two left turn lanes from eastbound Polaris Parkway onto Worthington Road will also be closed.
• Tuesday, April 11—Wednesday, April 12; Ikea Way will be one lane in both directions between Orion Place and East Powell Road from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for sidewalk work and landscaping.
• Thursday, April 13—Friday, April 14; Ikea Way will be reduced to one lane eastbound between Orion Place and East Powell Road from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m for landscaping. Also westbound Ikea Way will be reduced to one lane between E. Powell Road and Orion Place from 9 a.m. Thursday, 7 a.m Friday for drainage and pavement work.
• Thursday, April 13–Friday, April 14; the right lane of Polaris Parkway will be closed at Worthington Road from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for sidewalk work.
• April-September the resurfacing State Route 37 is scheduled from US 36 and State Route 3 to Joe Walker Road. Also in the same time frame is the resurfacing of US 36 east of I-71 to State Route 61. The project is a $1,829,458 investment.
• May-October north of Worthington-Galena Road under I-71 ODOT will repair a culvert. The $636,000 investment will have temporary lane and shoulder closures on Worthington-Galena Road.
• August-September; there will be a $7,171,934 investment that will resurface State Route 203/US 23 from State Route 37 to the Marion County line and resurface US 23 south of State Route 229 to the county line.Traffic will be to maintain to one lane each way with flaggers on State Route 203 and as a single lane of traffic on US 23.
D. Anthony Botkin may be reached at 740-413-0902 or on Twitter @dabotkin.