Connections Volunteer Center, a program of HelpLine, has information about the following volunteer opportunities in Delaware County.
• SourcePoint – Meals on Wheels needs pickup and delivery volunteers, also medical transportation drivers, Medicare teachers and counselors, concierge for building tours.
• The Arts Castle – clothed models needed at Thursday drawing classes in May; Gallery Shop seeks volunteers once a month from 1 to 5 p.m.
• Delaware City Police – Zombies and Humans sought to volunteer for Delaware City bike police exercise, Wednesday, June 7, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Zombies costume contest to win prizes.
• Delaware Arts Festival – May 20-21, Volunteers needed to help with early setup, direct traffic, booth set up and help with hospitality during the festival.
• Ironman – Connections is putting together a team to do check in on July 28, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
• Family Resource Center – Help needed for summer lunch program. Serve and clean up lunch to those 18 years and younger in need of a meal from May – August.
• Buckeye Valley Food Pantry – Help your neighbor by helping the food pantry. Open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Help picking up and sorting Panera donation for the pantry.
• Connections Volunteer Center – Senior Companions (55-plus) needed 15 to 20 hours weekly to help homebound seniors stay independent; tax free stipend and mileage costs paid.
• HelpLine – Sexual Assault Response Network program needs compassionate and motivated people to assist survivors of sexual assault; free training provided.
• Willow Brook by Day – work one-on-one with seniors in activities such as puzzles, reading or lead group activity; Monday through Friday with the greatest need between 1 and 5 p.m.
• Central Ohio Symphony – Need ushers and greeters to direct visitors to Gray Chapel (OWU) for May 16th concert. Arrive at 11:30 a.m. for 12:30 p.m. concert. Listen to the concert for free.
• Delaware County Court Visitor Program – Serve as the court’s eyes and ears by visiting persons under Guardianship to see whether they are receiving suitable protection and care.
• The Strand Theatre – movie lovers needed to help check patron behavior, help finding seats; handyman also needed for hauling, cleaning, paint touch up and hanging displays.
• Friends of the Delaware County District Library – book loving board members sought to help with marketing, social media, book sales and committee work 10 to 20 hours/month.
• People In Need – help with last Wednesday of month outdoor fresh produce market set up, client sign in and shopping, traffic control and clean up. Great opportunity for groups.
• Delaware County Historical Society – grant writing volunteers working several hours per month needed to preserve the Barn at Stratford, receive free 1-year membership in return; office help sought including answering phones, greeting visitors, at Meeker Homestead office. Flexible Hours.
For information or to register visit www.connectionsvolunteercenter.org , call 740-363-5000 or email [email protected]