Intersection work enters next phase
Phase 2 of the U.S. 23 and Hills Miller Road intersection project begins Tuesday and will require closing Hills Miller Road, from U.S. 23 to Bruce Road, until June 30. Traffic will be detoured utilizing Coover Road to Troy Road. In addition, utility and intersection improvements continue along U.S. 23. Lane closures will last from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Garage sale season is here
Garage and yard sale season is here and residents are reminded of the city’s regulations for such sales, as well as related sign regulations. They include:
• No permit or fee is required to hold a sale.
• No sale shall be conducted for more than three consecutive days.
• No sale shall be conducted by the same person or persons, group, club or organization, or at the same location, more than three times in a 12-month period.
• Maximum size of four square feet per sign.
• Signs cannot be placed on public property including city parks, rights-of-way, street signs (including stop signs) or utility poles.
• Signs may be displayed one day prior to the sale, and during the sale, but must be removed within 24 hours of the end of the sale.
• Any signs placed in violation will be confiscated by the City of Delaware.
• Whoever violates any provision of this chapter is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
For information, call the Planning and Community Development Department, 740-203-1600.
Cheshire Road closure scheduled June 5-9
A contractor will install utility lines for the Glenross subdivision June 5-9. The work will require closing Cheshire Road from Balmoral Drive to Gregory Road.
The posted detour will utilize Glenn Parkway, Peachblow Road and Old State Road.
Local access for residents will be maintained during the project and closure period. Public questions may be directed to the customer service request line at 740-203-1810.
— Gazette Staff