Three events on July 4 in the city of Delaware will cause intermittent street closures and parking restrictions, according to city officials.
The Independence Day parade will start at 3 p.m. with a concert by Central Ohio Symphony to follow at 7:30 p.m. Fireworks will start at 10 p.m. to conclude the celebrations.
At Ohio Wesleyan University, Phillips Hall will be open for handicap parking for concert-goers, while lots at Schimmel/Conrades Science Center, Meek Aquatics and Recreation Center, and Margaret Sagan softball field will be closed for fireworks preparation and viewing.
Food vendors will be set up on Hayes Street with service to start at 5 p.m.
Closures will include the following:
• Pennsylvania Avenue east from the fairgrounds; Sandusky Street south through the downtown to Wilmer Street and Henry Street from 3 to 4 p.m.
• Henry Street between Wilmer and William streets as the parade concludes from 4 to 4:30 p.m.
• Hayes Street off Henry Street, 2 p.m. until the fireworks conclusion
• Henry Street between Olentangy and Wilmer streets from 6 p.m. to the fireworks conclusion
• Henry Street between Selby Stadium and William Street with traffic on Henry open from 6 to 7:30 p.m. when the concert starts; both lanes on Henry will close at William Street.
• The bicycle bridge over U.S. 23 will be open before and after the fireworks show; the bridge will be closed during the show and will not be available as a viewing spot.
The parade will have the following parking restrictions from 1 to 5 p.m.:
• Pennsylvania Avenue from North Liberty Street to North Sandusky Street
• Sandusky Street from Spring Street to Marshall Court/Hayes Building
The fireworks will have the following parking restrictions:
• Henry Street from William Street to Olentangy Ave from 7 a.m. to midnight
• Wilmer Street, Harrision Street, Wootring Street & Weiser Avenue from Sandusky Street to Henry Street from 3 p.m. to midnight
• Olentangy Avenue from Sandusky Street to Armstrong Road from 7 a.m. to midnight
• Stratford Road from Olentangy Avenue to 200 feet south of Olentangy Avenue from 7 a.m. to midnight
• Hayes Street from 7 a.m. to midnight
• Armstrong Road — entire length
For information, visit www.delawareohio.net.