If you’re in the market for a used school bus, Delaware City Schools might be able to help you.
The DCS Board of Education voted to place two school buses up for sale during its meeting on Monday at the Willis Education Center. The board also approved a number of staffing changes.
Board members voted to pass a resolution to advertise and receive bids for at least two of the district’s 77-passenger school buses. The district has a fleet of 51 buses.
The board also accepted a number of resignations including:
• Quitin Aden Jr., an educational assistant for the district.
• Jenee Carr, a bus driver for the district.
• Ginger Holloway, a School Aged Child Care (SACC) assistant for the district.
• Terra Wessel, a SACC assistant.
• Diana Winebrener, an educational assistant at Dempsey Middle School.
• Leanne Zeller, a SACC assistant at Carlisle Elementary School.
The board also approved the retirement of Pamela Yost, a bus driver who has been with the district since 2003.
The board then approved a number of employment recommendations including:
• Staci Brocious, an intervention specialist at Woodward Elementary School.
• Christopher Downey, a guidance counselor at Hayes High School.
• Kelly McConaha, a SACC assistant at Schultz Elementary.
• Audrey Mungovan, a technology specialist at Woodward and Smith Elementary Schools.
• Thomas Perini, a mechanic for the transportation department.
• Peg Watkins, a Community Support Assistant at Willis.
• Kelly Wolfe, a SACC assistant at Schultz.
The board also approved more than 100 supplemental contracts for the 2017-2018 school year. The contracts included department heads, athletic coaches and advisors.
The board will meet next on Sept. 5 at 6 p.m. in the board room at Willis.
Schedule pick up for Hayes and Dempsey students is Aug. 9 and 10. Freshman orientation at Hayes is on Aug. 14, the same night as the back-to-school night for elementary students.
The first day of school is on Wednesday, Aug. 16.
Glenn Battishill can be reached at 740-413-0903 or on Twitter @BattishillDG.