The Delaware County Board of Commissioners is seeking to appoint four community members to the Delaware County Department of Jobs and Family Services Community Planning Committee. This public board consists of members who serve three-year terms.
The purpose of the Planning Committee is to serve as an advisory body to the Commissioners in regards to family services provided in the county, including assistance under Chapters 5107.and 5108.of the Revised Code, publicly funded child care under Chapter 5104.of the Revised Code, and social services provided under section 5101.46 of the Revised Code.
The Planning Committee will meet quarterly. Its goals and duties include:
• Capitalize on the strengths of the individual members to inform and provide recommendations to the Executive Management team at the department and the Board of County Commissioners regarding program changes in the department.
• Provide feedback on agency activities
• Review agency data and materials giving feedback to improve work product
• Review state-mandated agency plans prior to implementing change and/or submission to the BoCC for approval.
• Expand membership to reflect the county’s diversity, and include a wider array of community partners.
Interested individuals can obtain a Board Appointment application through the Delaware County Commissioners Office by:
• Picking up a Board Appointment application at 101 North Sandusky St., Delaware;
• Calling the Delaware County Commissioners Office at 740-833-2100 to have a Board Appointment application sent to you;
• Printing a Board Appointment Application from the Delaware County website at www.co.delaware.oh.us/hr/board/board.asp and completing it and faxing it to 740-833-2099, or mailing it back to the address listed above.
Completed Board Appointment applications must be returned to the Delaware County Commissioners Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 22, 2017.