The Delaware County Board of Commissioners currently is seeking a resident of Delaware County to recommend for appointment to the Delaware City Airport Commission.
This public board consists of seven members who are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Delaware City Council, and who serve three-year terms. The Board of Commissioners recommend one member, whose term would run from Jan. 1, 2018 until Dec. 31, 2020.
The purpose of the Airport Commission is to make recommendations to and advise the Delaware City Council and City Manager regarding the care, preservation, maintenance, expansion, improvement, and operation of the Delaware Municipal Airport.
• Consult with the Airport Manager to develop and maintain an Airport Master Plan;
• Assist in the preparation of the budget;
• Make recommendations to Delaware City Council and City Manager relative to utilization, operation and maintenance of the airport;
• Serve as a point of contact for Airport Manager, operators, Council and administration and the flying public; and
• Act to resolve differences or discrepancies between the Airport Manager and the flying public.
Interested individuals can apply by using Delaware County’s online application portal. It can be accessed at http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/index.php/employment. For any questions regarding this application procedure, please contact Mindy Owens, Delaware County Human Resources, 740-833-2129 or [email protected]
Completed Board Appointment applications must be received through the Applicant Tracking portal no later than 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017.