Delaware County commissioners are accepting applications from local charitable agencies for consideration as a payroll deduction contribution option for interested county employees.
A charitable agency is considered a not-for-profit corporation, community chest, united fund, or other similar united community fund organization maintaining status as a tax-exempt IRS 501(c)(3) organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes with none of its earnings inured to any private shareholder or individual. It may not be an action organization that influences legislation or political candidates.
The following criteria must be met by the charitable agency for consideration:
• Provide programs or services that benefit the Delaware County community as a whole.
• Support a variety of diverse needs within the Delaware County community.
• Have administrative costs of 20 percent or less.
• Comply with all applicable Ohio laws regarding charitable organizations.
• Be directed by an active board of trustees who have no material conflict of interest.
• Have been in existence for at least five years prior to application.
• Have a stated policy of non-discrimination and comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Agree to be subject to audit to the extent necessary to ensure compliance with the eligibility criteria.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Delaware County Charitable Agency Committee, made up of five members appointed by commissioners. After committee review and recommendation, county commissioners will approve no more than three charitable agencies for two full calendar years.
For those interested agencies applying for 2015 consideration, submit a letter addressing the above criteria to the clerk of commissioners no later than Aug. 1: Jennifer Walraven, Clerk, 101 N. Sandusky St., Delaware, OH 43015, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.