The Delaware County Board of Commissioners is currently seeking to appoint a resident in the Delaware County District Library service area who is interested in the future of the county’s library system. This public board consists of seven members who each serve a seven-year term on the library board.
The Delaware County Board of Commissioners is seeking to appoint one member to serve a full term beginning Jan. 1, 2019 and ending on Dec. 31, 2025.
The purpose of the Delaware County District Library Board is to operate in an efficient and productive manner and act as the governing body of the library. A member of the District Library Board must respect the role libraries play in the quality of life of any community and support the concept of intellectual freedom.
Responsibilities of a member are:
• Establishing, adopting, accepting and supporting policies and procedures;
• Library advocate to the budget commission, state legislature, civic and cultural organizations and the public at large;
• Short- and long-term planning, future direction, and overall well-being of the library;
• Securing and managing funding for operation;
• Relating budget needs to the community;
• Public relations; and
• Attending monthly meetings.
Interested individuals can apply by using Delaware County’s online application portal. It can be accessed at http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/index.php/employment. For any questions regarding this application procedure, please contact Dana Bushong, Delaware County Human Resources, 740-833-2129 or [email protected]
Completed board appointment applications must be received through the Applicant Tracking portal no later than 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 29.
Follow The Delaware Gazette on Twitter @delgazette. Like The Gazette on Facebook.