Preservation Parks of Delaware has scheduled March programs which require advanced registration by participants.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 740-524-8600, Ext. 6. Programs include:
• “Rockin’ Terrariums,” Sunday, March 6, 1 p.m. See how rocks, soil and charcoal stack up to create a natural centerpiece, and learn how to care for it. There is a $10 materials fee, and participants should bring their own jars. Ages 18 and up. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware. Register by Feb. 28.
• “Preschool Park Pals: Rascally Rabbits,” Tuesday, March 8, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Learn about rabbits and how their big ears and teeth help them survive in the wild. A domestic rescued rabbit will be part of the program. Ages 4 and 5, accompanied by an adult. Deer Haven Park. Register by March 1.
• “Homeschool Adventures: Vernal Pool Safari,” Thursday, March 17, 10 a.m. The annual cycle of these tiny wetlands supports a host of fascinating creatures. If the weather is cooperative, participants will hike to a small vernal pool to search for animals that live there. Participants should be prepared to get muddy and wet. Ages 6-12. Gallant Woods Park, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware. Register by March 12.
The following free programs do not require advance registration:
• “Maple Syrup Time,” Sunday, Feb. 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Learn how maple sap is extracted from trees and cooked down into syrup. Participants can visit a 1930s farmhouse, and explore the barn and implement building. This is a weather-dependent program; watch for updates on Preservation Parks’ Facebook page and website. All ages. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• “Story Time in the Park,” Monday, Feb. 29, 9 a.m. Little ones will enjoy a nature-themed story sing a song. Ages infant-3. Deer Haven Park.
Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.