To the editor:
Congratulations to the Delaware Arts Festival Association’s 2016 grant winners. The DAFA is pleased this year to be giving $10,000 to the following Delaware County art teachers:
• $870 to Kimberly Roberts of Ventures Academy
• $1,494 to Barbara Porter and Leah Peck of Big Walnut High School
• $1,300 to Cynthia Vaught of Delaware Hayes High School
• $2,000 to Whitney Farrell of Carlisle Elementary
• $2,000 to Jodi Davidson of Carlisle Elementary
• $1,300 to Shannon Mitchell of Olentangy Liberty High School
• $1,036 to Daniel Counts of Olentangy Liberty High School
In addition to the teacher grants, we are able to give $15,000 in scholarships to this year’s Delaware County high school seniors who will be studying art at an institution of higher learning in the next school year. Applications are available at www.delawareartsfestival.org, all high school guidance offices, the Delaware County District Library, or by calling 740-362-1495.
We will also be giving $150 to every art teacher in Delaware County and $1,000 to the Delaware County District Library to purchase art or craft books.
The Delaware Arts Festival Association is a totally volunteer organization. We meet throughout the year to organize the Delaware Arts Festival. We are pleased to live in such a supportive community. Volunteers are always welcome.
The Delaware Arts Festival will be on Saturday and Sunday, May 14 and 15, 2016. Save the dates. We’ll hope for warm weather and no rain!