The local Community Action Organization is offering volunteer tax preparation services in Delaware County at three locations.
Volunteers — with the Community Action Organization of Delaware, Madison, Union Counties Also Serving Champaign, Logan and Shelby Counties — will prepare federal and state tax returns for people with household incomes of $55,000 or less.
All returns will be electronically filed and refunds will be received within seven days through direct deposit.
Taxpayers must have a valid photo ID and Social Security cards for themselves, spouses and dependents. For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms. Taxpayers should also bring:
• Copy of last year’s taxes (if available).
• Income documents (W-2 forms, 1098 forms, 1099 forms and any other sources of income received).
• Child/dependent care providers tax ID number.
• Student loan interest/college tuition expenses if applicable.
• Health insurance Form 1095-A if covered under Marketplace.
• Health insurance Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C if covered by employer.
• Total paid in medical expenses from the previous year.
• Amount of property tax paid and the amount of mortgage interest paid.
• Direct deposit information, including account number and routing number for savings or checking accounts.
Appointments are encouraged but walk-ins will be accepted. To schedule an appointment, call the Community Action Organization at 740-369-3184.
Walk-ins are accepted at these sites:
• Woodward Family Resource Center, 200 S. Washington St., Delaware (in the middle modular), Wednesdays from 5 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Goodwill Store, 1135 Columbus Pike, Delaware, Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities, 7991 Columbus Pike, Lewis Center (enter through front doors), Tuesdays from 5 to 8 p.m. and Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m.
The service is in partnership with the IRS.
Information for this story was provided by the Community Action Organization of Delaware, Madison, Union Counties Also Serving Champaign, Logan and Shelby Counties.