Learn more about the volunteer opportunities available at SourcePoint at an open house on Thursday, July 28, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Current volunteers and staff members will be available to share details and answer questions about various programs. The open house, at 800 Cheshire Road in Delaware, will feature light refreshments and tours of the enrichment center.
Current volunteer duties include:
• Meals on Wheels drivers to assist with pick-up and delivery of meals.
• Medical transportation drivers to drive senior citizens to and from important medical appointments or deliver medical supplies.
• Volunteers with carpentry skills to assist clients with specific home chores.
• Concierge volunteers to welcome guests to the enrichment center and provide tours.
• Insurance assistants to help with “New to Medicare” classes.
• Community outreach volunteers to work at events throughout the year and help deliver marketing materials to local businesses.
• Catering assistants to help with set-up, serving and clean-up at luncheons and dinners.
• Fitness and aquatic center desk monitors.
Orientation and training is provided for all new volunteers. To RSVP for the volunteer open house, or to learn more about the program, go to www.MySourcePoint.org or call 740-203-2375.
Information for this story was provided by SourcePoint.