Registration is required for three upcoming Preservation Parks of Delaware County programs.
To register, e-mail [email protected] or call 740-524-8600, Ext. 6.
• “Lovely Leaves,” Sunday, Oct. 4, 1 p.m. Registration deadline is Sept. 27. Learn about trees and their leaves during a relaxing hike to collect leaves. Return to the lodge to decorate a T-shirt. $5 program fee. All ages. Shale Hollow Preserve, 6320 Artesian Run.
• “Hike for Health,” Saturday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. Registration deadline, for first-time hikers, is Oct. 12. Walk into fall during the healthy hike series. Hikes are free; there is a $5 fee for the series T-shirt. All ages. Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road.
• “Preschool Park Pals: Spectacular Spiders,” Tuesday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Registration deadline is Oct. 20. Learn to appreciate our eight-legged friends and discover their amazing web-spinning ways. Ages 4-5, accompanied by an adult. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
Registration is not required for the following programs:
• “Story Time at the Farm,” Friday, Oct. 2, 1 p.m. Youngsters hear a story from the 1930s or ’40s, and complete an easy craft or coloring page. Ages 3 and older. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
• “Sowing Seeds.” Saturday, Oct. 3, 1 a.m. Witness how fields were prepared for planting during the 1930s, and join in planting by helping to hand-broadcast seeds. Farm staff also will share ideas on how to grow small scale grains in home gardens. All ages. Gallant Farm.
• “Under the Surface,” Saturday, Oct. 3, 1 p.m. Touch, taste and explore during a fun, hands-on look at what lurks beneath the surface of the garden. Go home with a live plant, while supplies last. All ages. Gallant Farm.
Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.