The Delaware General Health District’s adult injury prevention program has openings for the upcoming “A Matter of Balance” class.
This class is offered in an effort to help older adults improve their stability, according to health district officials. The free eight-week class will take place at SourcePoint.
Each class is from 3 to 5 p.m. every Wednesday, starting Aug. 5 and running through Sept. 23.
The class will teach participants different non-strenuous exercises that will help improve balance. Participants will also have the opportunity to talk with classmates about experiences and learn ways to reduce the fear of falling, officials said.
District officials said the class for any who:
• Is concerned about falls.
• Has sustained a fall in the past.
• Limits activities because of concerns about falling.
• Is interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength.
• Is age 60 or older and a Delaware County resident.
For more information, contact Mitchell Briant, district adult injury prevention coordinator, at 740-203-2054 or by email at [email protected].