Delaware County commissioners approved plans for the Home and Seitz road intersection improvement project earlier this week.
According to information from the county and the Ohio Public Works Commission, the project will widen Home Road from two lanes to three to five lanes and add left- and right-turn lanes at Seitz Road, widen Seitz for a third of a mile north of Home Road (to the Harvest Point subdivision), and add a traffic signal at the intersection.
In addition, commissioners approved the purchase of three properties for the widening.
The legislation said the construction cost is estimated to be $2.09 million, funded by the county with a $480,000 grant from the Ohio Public Works Commission. Bids for the work are being taken until Oct. 27, with the project to be completed by August 2016.
Commissioners also recently approved:
• Purchasing property for the East Powell Road widening project.
• Ditch maintenance petitions and assessments for Nance Family CAD, Derby Glen Farms Section 3 and Buckeye Gymnastics.
• Subdivision plats for Sanctuary at the Lakes section 5 part 2, and section 3; and Derby Glen Farms Section 3.
• Annexing 75 acres of land in Berkshire Township to the village of Sunbury.
• Applying with Orange Township to the Ohio Public Works Commission for improvements to Bale Kenyon Road. The township will fund 71.4 percent of the project.
• Supplemental appropriations of $329,400 to the county Board of Elections for inventoried equipment.
• Awarding a bid of $106,750 to Rezod LLC for the Galena Village Hall Americans with Disabilities Act restrooms.
• Updating the speaker registration form for the public or organizations.
• Updating the county personnel policy manual.
• Updating the county’s Family And Medical Leave Act policy.
• Scheduling a joint meeting on Oct. 29 with Union County commissioners to approve easements for the Columbus Upground Reservoir Site No. 2.
• Sanitary sewer improvement plans for the Village at Olentangy Crossing, Phase 3; sanitary sewers for the Village at Bale Kenyon 2-6; sanitary sewer improvement plans for the Maxtown Road Sanitary Pump Station; sanitary sewers for the Sanctuary at the Lakes Section 3.
• Authorizing the use of a procurement card for the sewer district.
• Leasing the paved parking area at the rear of the property at 137 N. Sandusky St.
• Applying with the Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District for local sponsorship of easements from the Ohio Department of Agriculture Office of Farm Preservation.
In comments, commissioners said the outlet-store shopping mall in Berkshire Township is anticipated to open in late June 2016.