Registration is not required for several upcoming programs offered by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.
• Saturday, Nov. 14, 2 p.m. “Card Party.” Visit the farm to learn and enjoy playing card games, such as canasta, euchre and bridge, that were popular during the Great Depression – and still are today. Ages 14 and older. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
• Monday, Nov. 16, 6:30 p.m. “Hound Hike.” Bring your socialized canine along for walk on the nature trails, during the last Hound Hike until spring. The guest presenter will be Delaware Pet Stuff. All ages; Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
• Monday, Nov. 16, 7 to 9 p.m. “Delaware County Bird Club.” Open to anyone interested in birds. Refreshments, conversation and a program on “Research on the Big Walnut Bluebird Trail,” and “If You Build It, They Will Come” (nest boxes). Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
• Wednesday, Nov. 18, 6:30 to 8 p.m. “Gallant Farm Book Club.” Participants are reading “Persian Pickle Club” by Sandra Dallas. Read ahead, and come for the discussion. Ages 14 and older. Gallant Farm.
• Saturday, Nov. 21, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 22, noon to 4 p.m. “Railroad Fun.” Watch model trains travel through a miniature village and learn a bit about the railroad industry in America. All ages. Big Walnut Community Trail House, 168 S. Vernon St.