The local Community Action Organization will be offering volunteer tax preparation services in Delaware County at three locations.
Volunteers — with the Community Action Organization of Delaware, Madison, Union Counties Also Serving Champaign, Logan and Shelby Counties — will prepare federal and state tax returns for people with household incomes of $55,000 or less.
All returns will be electronically filed and refunds will be received within seven days through direct deposit.
Taxpayers must have a valid photo ID and Social Security cards for themselves, spouses and dependents. For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms. Taxpayers should also bring:
• Copy of last year’s taxes (if available).
• Income documents (W-2 forms, 1098 forms, 1099 forms and any other sources of income received).
• Child/dependent care providers tax ID number.
• Student loan interest/college tuition expenses if applicable.
• Health insurance Form 1095-A if covered under Marketplace.
• Health insurance Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C if covered by employer.
• Total paid in medical expenses from the previous year.
• Amount of property tax paid and the amount of mortgage interest paid.
• Direct deposit information, including account number and routing number for savings or checking accounts.
Appointments are encouraged but walk-ins will be accepted. To schedule an appointment, call the Community Action Organization at 740-369-3184.
Walk-ins start Jan. 27 at these sites:
• Woodward Family Resource Center, 200 S. Washington St., Delaware (in the middle modular), Wednesdays from 5 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Goodwill Store, 1135 Columbus Pike, Delaware, Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities, 7991 Columbus Pike, Lewis Center (enter through front doors), Tuesdays from 5 to 8 p.m. and Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m.
The service is in partnership with the IRS.