It’s all “Relativity” for 16 Ohio Wesleyan University graduating seniors as they celebrate their artistic “interconnectedness to the surrounding world” and share their works in a juried exhibition at OWU’s Richard M. Ross Art Museum.
The 2016 senior show, “Relativity,” will be on exhibit from April 9 through May 8 at the museum, 60 S. Sandusky St. It will open with a Saturday artist reception from 5 to 7 p.m. April 9.
In explaining the group’s decision to title the exhibit “Relativity,” senior Catie Beach said the dictionary defines the term as “the dependence of various physical phenomena on relative motion of the observer and the observed objects, especially regarding the nature and behavior of light, space, time and gravity.”
All pieces in the exhibit are selected by a jury of OWU fine arts faculty. Graduating seniors participating in the “Relativity” exhibition are:
• Maddie Stuntz of Delaware.
• Benjamin S. Anderson of Monterey, California.
• Catie Beach of Columbus.
• Kelsie Bell of Columbus.
• Sam Carpenter of Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan.
• Andy Cumston of Marion.
• Heather Dehaas of Perry, Ohio.
• Michelle Hansen of Chicago, Illinois.
• Kelly Johnson of Wellesley, Massachusetts.
• Emily Keller of Ronkonkoma, New York.
• Owen Kelling of Morrow, Ohio.
• Mara Mariotti of Oberlin, Ohio.
• Lyssa Matzat of Greenwood, Indiana.
• Jordana McCallen of Stonington, Connecticut.
• Alex Reistenberg of Mason, Ohio.
• Nyka Saldivar of Montclair, California.
During the academic year, OWU’s Ross Art Museum is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. It is closed Monday and Saturday, with the exception of the upcoming April 9 artist reception.
Information for this story was provided by Ohio Wesleyan University.