AARP Foundation Tax-Aide volunteers are once again offering free tax preparation at several locations in Delaware and Dublin from early February through mid-April.
The locations, hours of operation and phone number to call to make an appointment are:
• SourcePoint, 800 Cheshire Road, Delaware. Appointments: 740-203-2423. Hours: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays.
• Andrews House, 39 W. Winter St., Delaware. Appointments: 740-369-4520. Hours: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays.
• Dublin Community Center, 5600 Post Road, Dublin. Appointments: 614-410-4550. Hours: 9 a.m. to noon, Fridays.
While Tax-Aide’s focus is on low- to moderate-income senior citizens, the service is available to anyone, regardless of income or age.
Volunteers, who are certified and trained by the IRS, provide these services:
• Prepare and file U.S., Ohio and (where applicable) school district tax returns.
• Prepare and file Affordable Care Act tax forms.
• Determine eligibility for Earned Income Credit, Child Tax Credit and child/dependent care deductions.
• Calculate taxes due on income from stocks, bonds and retirement accounts.
• Complete tax forms involving itemized deductions, education expenses and credits, and cancellation of debt.
• Prepare and file simple self-employment returns.
Taxpayers do not need to be members of AARP to use the free service.
For more information, go to the Ohio Tax-Aide website at www.ohiotaxaide.org.
Information for this story was provided by AARP.