Preservation Parks of Delaware County invite the community to celebrate all moms, including Mother Nature, this weekend.
Families can celebrate Mother’s Day at Emily Traphagen Park, 5094 Seldom Seen Road, in Powell, from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
“There will be activities celebrating mom and nature,” said Saundra McBrearty, Preservation Parks’ volunteer and special events coordinator.
Families will have the chance to hike through the 72-acre park’s forest, explore its wetland areas and do craft projects. Snacks and a photo opportunity will be provided.
“It’s a great opportunity to do something outside with mom,” McBrearty said.
“We encourage families to bring mom out and there are activities for everyone,” she added.
The park was originally a preserve named after Donald Traphagen’s wife, according to Preservation Parks’ website. He wanted to memorialize his wife through the preservation of the property she loved. The park has been open to the public since 2003.
Here are some other Mother’s Day events in Delaware County this weekend:
• Downtown restaurants such as Bun’s Restaurant, 14 W. Winter St., will have a special menu for the day. Also, specialty shops such as the Greater Gouda, 12 N. Sandusky St., and Choffey’s Coffee & Confection, 17 W. Winter St., offer special gift baskets, while Gibson the Florist, 19 W. Winter St., is accepting delivery orders.
• Arena Fair Theatre’s A Mother’s Day Musical Revue, Blend of Seven Winery, 1400 Stratford Road, Delaware, 7 p.m. Friday with dinner seating from 6 to 6:30 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. Saturday with lunch seating at noon and 12:15 p.m. Tickets are $15 for the performance only. For information go to www.arenafair.eventbrite.com.
• Delaware Christian Church, 2280 W. William St., will have its 3rd annual breakfast 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. All women are invited and childcare is provided.
• Charlie’s Kettle Corn will have a Mother’s Day event at Miller’s Country Garden, 2488 State Route 37 W., in Delaware, 9 a.m. Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
• All Occasions, 6989 Waldo-Delaware Road, will have its annual brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. Reservations can be made at 740-726-2008.
• Local Roots, 15 E. Olentangy St., Powell, will have a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
• The Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, 4850 W. Powell Road, will offer free admission for mothers and grandmothers with the paid admission of a child from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Dynamic Single Moms will be hosting a lunch gathering for single mothers at North Orange Park, 7560 Gooding Blvd., 12:15 p.m. Monday and 2 p.m. Tuesday. Moms are encouraged to bring a lunch and their kids to play in the park.
Gazette reporter Brandon Klein can be reached by email or on Twitter at @brandoneklein.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU