If you want to give the gift of art this holiday season, the good folks at the Arts Castle in Delaware might be able to help you.
Works from 60 artists will be on display and available for sale over the next week and a half at the Arts Castle during the 2017 Castle Arts Affair and More. The annual art exhibit and sale will be open Nov. 3-12 at the Castle, located at 190 W. Winter St.
Diane Hodges, executive director of the Delaware County Cultural Arts Center, said this marks the 27th year for the show and sale, which is a fundraiser for the organization.
“Give the gift of art is the subtitle this year,” Hodges said. “We’re doing something a little differently. Normally, it’s just been four days, but we’re going to have it for 10 days this year. …We want to give people more of a chance to really come and take in the artwork and have a chance to shop around. Four days just seemed like it was too narrow as far as all the work that was involved, taking the artwork in, displaying it, and then taking it down.”
So what will visitors to the exhibit see this year?
“We have jewelry, ceramics, paintings, drawings, fiber arts, stained glass, blown glass — there’s a nice variety,” Hodges said. “We’re going to have a good selection, I think.”
Hodges said the exhibit has been well attended in previous years, and with the expansion to 10 days this year, she expects even more people to stroll through the Castle’s doors.
“In the past, we probably had close to a thousand people,” she said. “People do come. It’s just not Delaware. We have people come from throughout central Ohio.”
Following is the viewing and shopping schedule for the 2017 Castle Arts Affair and More:
• Friday, Nov. 3, noon to 8 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 5, noon to 4 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 6, noon to 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 7, noon to 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 8, noon to 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 9, noon to 8 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 10, noon to 8 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 11, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 12, noon to 4 p.m.
Additionally, according to the Arts Castle’s website, nine different artists are scheduled to present demonstrations throughout the exhibit. Following is the list of artists and the dates and times when they’ll be presenting:
• Friday, Nov. 3 — Andrea Yogoda, beading, 3 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 6 — Carolyn Heffelfinger, painting, 1 to 3 p.m.; Linda White, paper book making, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 7 — Kevin Collander, plein air painting from photo, 1 to 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 8 — Virginia Corwin, easy glass windows, 2 to 4 p.m.; Lynda Elias, painting with mixed media, 2 to 4 p.m.; Ike Greenwood, ceramics, 4 to 6 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 10 — Dara Tarolli, wire wrapped jewelry, 1 to 3 p.m.; Kris Hyland, seaglass jewelry, 5 to 7 p.m.
For information about the Arts Castle and the 2017 Castle Arts Affair and More, go to http://artscastle.org.
Contact Andrew Carter at 740-413-0900. Follow him on Twitter @DelOhioEditor.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU