Preservation Parks of Delaware County has several programs planned.
Register now for the following November programs:
• “Preschool Park Pals: Playing with Pumpkins.” Program date and times: Nov. 10, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.; registration deadline: Nov. 3. Bring your preschoolers for some messy, sensory fun, as participants touch, taste and play with pumpkins. Ages 4-5, accompanied by an adult. Gallant Farm 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• “Make It and Take It: Natural Wreath.” Program date and time: Nov. 29, 1 p.m.; registration deadline: Nov. 22. Make a wreath out of natural items that you can take home and display for holiday gatherings. $15 program fee; ages 18 and older. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
Register by emailing [email protected] or calling 740-524-8600, Ext. 6.
Registration is not required for the following programs:
• Wednesday, Nov. 4, 6:30 p.m. “Hound Hike.” Bring your socialized canine along for a walk with a naturalist. All ages. Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road, Ostrander.
• Friday, Nov. 6, 1 p.m. “Storytime on the Farm.” Bring youngsters to the farm for an afternoon of fun. Listen to a story book from the 1930s or 1940s, and complete an easy craft or coloring page. Ages 3 and up. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• Monday, Nov. 9, 9 a.m. “Storytime in the Park.” A nature-themed story, songs and sensory fun, as little ones are introduced to the natural world. Ages 0-3. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware.
• Thursday, Nov. 12, 10 a.m. “Homeschool Adventures: Corn, Corn, Corn.” This crop has been a staple of the American diet ever since colonial times. Come out to Gallant farm and see corn in every stage from the field to bread and learn about its many uses. Ages 7-12, accompanied by an adult. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.