Volunteer opportunities at SourcePoint will be discussed at an open house on Thursday, Jan. 28, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Current volunteers and staff members will be available to share details and answer questions about various programs. The open house, at 800 Cheshire Road, will feature light refreshments and tours of the enrichment center.
Volunteers are needed to help with SourcePoint’s in-home care services and enrichment center programs. Local residents of all ages are encouraged to volunteer.
Current needs include:
• Meals on Wheels drivers to assist with pick-up and delivery of meals.
• Medical transportation drivers to drive senior citizens to and from medical appointments or deliver medical supplies.
• Volunteers to assist with home chores, such as shoveling snow in the winter, cleaning out a garage or fixing a faucet.
• Volunteers with carpentry skills to assist clients with home chores.
• Gift shop volunteers to assist customers, stock shelves and give tours of the enrichment center
Other volunteer positions are available throughout the year. Orientation and training is provided for all new volunteers.
To RSVP for the open house, go to www.MySourcePoint.org or call 740-203-2375.