Full Stop owner gets two years in prison for distributing drugs


A Delaware man has been sentenced to two years in prison after prosecutors said he distributed illegal substances through his local business.

Issa Alahmad, 51, of 24 Forest Ave., was sentenced Friday to two years in prison Friday by Delaware County Common Pleas Judge David Gormley for engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, a second-degree felony.

He was also ordered to pay a $3,000 fine.

Prosecutors said that Alahmad is the owner of the Full Up station on South Sandusky Street and he used his business to distribute Crown E-liquids — used with electronic cigarettes — some of which contain illegal substances.

Prosecutors said Alahmad distributed the substances between Sept. 12, 2014, and Oct. 10, 2014.

Alahmad was originally indicted on Oct. 22, 2014, on one count of trafficking in drugs, a first-degree felony; engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, a first-degree felony; and possession of drugs, a first-degree felony, but reached a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Alahmad agreed to plead guilty to one charge of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, as a second-degree felony, which is a lesser included offense in the first-degree felony charge of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.

Alahmad entered a not-guilty plea before former Judge Duncan Whitney at his arraignment on Oct. 24 but reached a plea agreement with prosecutors on Jan. 15.

The trafficking in drugs charge and the possession of drugs charge were dismissed as part of the agreement.

Another condition of the agreement is that prosecutors would make no specific recommendations on sentencing.

Alahmad was also required to forfeit $10,000 in cash that was seized during the investigation. Court documents indicate that the Delaware County Drug Task Force shall receive 80 percent of the money and the Delaware County Prosecutor’s Office will receive the remaining 20 percent.

Alahmad was in the Delaware County Jail Sunday afternoon awaiting his transport to prison.


By Glenn Battishill

[email protected]

Glenn Battishill can be reached at 740-413-0903 or on Twitter @BattishillDG.

No posts to display