Delaware County officials say they are continuing to seek the public’s input as they move forward with a new strategic economic development plan.
A public survey, which was released in March, has garnered more than 400 responses to date. Now, officials also invite interested citizens to take part in a series of focus groups on the topic of economic development.
Anyone who lives or works in Delaware County may participate. Dates, times and locations are:
• Saturday, May 14, 11:30 a.m., at the Willis Building, 2079 U.S. 23 North, Delaware.
• Wednesday, June 8, 6 p.m., at Liberty Township Hall Complex, 7761 Liberty Road, Powell.
• Monday, June 13, 6 p.m., at Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities, 7991 Columbus Pike, Lewis Center.
• Wednesday, June 22, 6 p.m., at SourcePoint, 800 Cheshire Road, Delaware.
• Tuesday, June 28, 6 p.m., at Sunbury Town Hall, 51 E. Cherry St., Sunbury.
To RSVP for any of the focus groups, email Megan Edwards at [email protected].
The survey will be open until June 1. It can be completed on line at surveymonkey.com/r/DCEDAP.
“Delaware County has achieved tremendous growth and prosperity over the last two decades,” said Bob Lamb, the county’s economic development director, in a prepared statement. “As we progress into the future, our goal is simple: to create a healthy community. We must be strategic about our growth. Feedback from our citizens, through the survey and focus groups, is essential to our mission.”
The county retained Montrose Group LLC to create its economic development plan. The final plan will be presented to county officials in December.
For more information, contact the Delaware County Economic Development office at 740-833-2109.