Learn more about the volunteer opportunities available at SourcePoint at an open house on Thursday, Jan. 26, from 4 to 6 p.m. Current volunteers and staff members will be available to share details and answer questions about various programs.
The open house, held at 800 Cheshire Road in Delaware, will also feature light refreshments and tours of the enrichment center.
Local residents of all ages are encouraged to volunteer—whether for just one day or for an ongoing experience—in order to make a difference in the lives of older adults in Delaware County.
Current opportunities include:
• Meals on Wheels drivers to assist with pick-up and delivery of meals
• Medical transportation drivers to drive seniors to and from important medical appointments
• Volunteers to assist seniors with home chores such as changing light bulbs, tacking down cords or rugs, and shoveling snow, as well as special projects for those with carpentry skills
• Concierge volunteers to welcome guests to the enrichment center and provide tours
• Insurance assistants to help with New to Medicare classes and plan comparisons
• Kitchen assistants to help with preparation and packaging of Meals on Wheels
Orientation and training is provided for all new volunteers. To RSVP for the volunteer open house, or to learn more about the program, go to www.MySourcePoint.org or call 740-203-2388.